• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error message: OPOS can't find registration marks. Cutting aborted.

threeputt

I'm getting this error message for the first time ever. Co-incidentally (or not) it's the first time we've tried to cut something over 53" which I think the manual states you need 3 pairs of marks.

We cut many other files this very day. But they all had two pairs of marks.

Is there something you have to tell OPOS so it knows?

My cutter operator has gone for the day, but we have a project due by Monday morning and we have some time today and tomorrow if we can get an explanation of this.

Thanks much.

FrankW

Depending on the model you use: old OPOS-Systems can't process jobs with a width of more than around 48", in the width no additional markers are possible (only lenght, X-Axis).

MikeD

Summa has great support; they will help you figure it out over the phone. I think in some of there models there is a setting that allows the plotter to work outside the limits of the pinch wheels. Never done it myself, but pretty sure it can be done. There techs will know the answer

threeputt

Summa has great support; they will help you figure it out over the phone. There techs will know the answer

Yes, true. This post was made when they were closed and I've been in touch with them this morning. We're working together on the problem.

threeputt

The solution, for anyone who might be following this thread, is that the center "pair" of registration marks MUST be equal distance from the forward and rearward pairs. If that makes sense.

Read the manual but didn't see that important point.

All's well now, back in business. Thanks to all commenters.