• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error Message "Wrong Data Format"

CanDoASign4U

Trying to print to my JV33 and keep getting the error message, "Wrong Data Format." Anyone every run into this before? I am using FlexiSign Pro Version 10.5 PDF Rip.

signage

What was the problem? If you post what you found it will help someone else experiencing the same problem.

CanDoASign4U

Error Message

I was out of the office doing an install and when I returned the computer was off. Windows 7 decided that my computer needed to be turned off. I discovered that my port settings for the Mimaki printer through Flexi 10 had changed. Don't ask me how? Once I linked up to the correct port everything worked great!

hayelf

"Wrong Data Format"

I had the same problem you had on my computer. it say Mimaki works fine according to the device manager on the computer but i can't print. The Flexi will RIP the picture and once it finish Ripping it. A "Wrong Data Format" will appear. any Idea please

Hayel
hayelf@yahoo.com

Last edited:

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Nothing do do with Windows Device Manager. As mentioned, check the port for the printer setup in Production Manager. Reselect the correct port for the printer. Even if shows as being the correct one.

dirttoo

I just got the same message. I have never seen that message before. I restarted the computer and al is well.

hayelf

Thanks Sightline, I got it .. it seame mostly the USB 2.0 cord not connecting very well. every time I move the cord at the mimaki side I hear beeping like its getting connected. actually I looked inside the jack inside the mimaki and it seem someone pull the USB2.0 and broke tiny plastic with four wires around it and brook it. So I did little surgery to my machine and fix it. it work like the day I bought it .. fresh and mined relieving
my advice to Mimaki JV33 users to secure the USB2.0 to the side of mimaki with more enforcement because the broken little jack on mimaki attached directly to the motherboard and if you're not Electronic Tech say goodby to that board $2000~3000

Big House Signs

Thank you!! You all saved my tonight. Rush job...and kept getting Wrong Data format!
Changed the port in Production manage...and wa la!! Back in b'ness!
Signs101 rocks!

Paula