• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error opening/importing PDF files into Flexi 10.5.1

choucove

This last weekend I reinstalled Windows 7 and all programs on all of the computers at our main office as part of a routine clean up/update and migrating to a new domain controller. On all of the design computers I reinstalled the same version of Windows 7 Professional as they previously had, along with all drivers and all Windows Updates. We installed Flexi 10.5.1 on all of the computers, which some had previously been running version 10.0.2.

For the last two days on one of the computers they have been unable to go to File -> Open and select any PDF files to open properly. Doing so results in an error message in Flexi stating "Operation failed" but the program itself does not crash or close, it just will not open the file. The exact same thing happens if they have an open project and try to do Import and attempt to import a PDF file.

None of the other computers are having this issue. Any ideas what could be causing this, or something I should try to fix it? Thank you in advance for all of your help and input!

Steph_Stamm

Hey Brett - Here are a few questions from our technical support team:

- Are the files saved locally or on the network? If they're on a network, try copying the file to your desktop and see if it will open.
- What happens when you try File > Import instead of File > Open?
- Was 10.0.2 installed previously on the computer that's having problems?
- Are you having problems opening EPS files too?

You can also give us a free call: 1800.229.9044 or email esupport@ThinkSAi.com.

Last edited:

choucove

The computers are pulling files from the network instead of local, but I had the designer copy the file to the desktop and it still was giving the error message.

The same error occurs when the designer does File -> Import and selects a PDF file as they get when doing File -> Open.

The computer did previously have 10.0.2 on the system and had no issues with that version, but we completely reinstalled the entire operating system, all drivers, and all applications when we upgraded these computers to 10.5.1.

I will get back to you about the EPS files. I know this particular design computer was seeming to only have issues with the PDF files, one of the other design computers today started acting very strange with Flexi and would not open any files, including Flexi files, when using File -> Open. However, they could open files SOMETIMES if they went directly to the folder that had the original file, with Flexi completely closed, and just double clicked to open the original file location.

Just some very odd occurrences after updating to 10.5.1 this weekend, which is strange to me as we have had one computer at this office running the latest version for a month with no issues really, and the other office all computers are on the latest version with no issues.