• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Error

cajunsignguy

I have an SSK Designtech 60, bought it new about 3 months ago. Been running fine with no problems. I go to cut a job today and "HP-GL ERROR 1 " shows up on the display. Nothing has been changed to trigger this error. Can anyone help?

anothersign

a quick google search for "HP-GL ERROR 1 "

i found this hope it helps http://www.signwarehouse.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=292&nav=0

I have the vinyl cutter set up and read through the manual. I can't seem to get it to cut. I keep getting the hp-gl error 1. I'm running it through the USB port. How do I tell it to use the USB port instead of the rs 232 cable? Is there a specific file type I have to use? I was trying to print something from Adobe Illustrator.
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]Thank you for contacting SignWarehouse technical support. With regard to the HPGL Error on your QE60 cutter , this is something that can be easily fixed on your cutter's display menu. [/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]1) Load Vinyl into the cutter & lower pinch rollers[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]2) Choose ROLL 1, Enter & allow cutter to initialize[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]3) Press PREVIOUS several times until you get to COMMAND[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]4) Press ENTER[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]5) Now, ARROW DOWN to HPGL, then press ENTER[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]Pressing the PAUSE button will get to back to main screen & ready to cut.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]If after doing this, you still get the error:[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]HOLD DOWN THE UP ARROW WHILE TURNING THE CUTTER OFF THEN ON AGAIN.[/FONT]
[FONT=times new roman,times,serif]This will reset your cutter to default (as it was when you first got it). You'll select ENGLISH, etc. & Follow the HPGL steps once more before making another cut.[/FONT]

cajunsignguy

I tried that earlier today but it did not help. I have searched all over the internet and e-mailed ssk. Im still waiting to here from them. Thanks anyway.

Jackpine

I have an SSK Designtech 60, bought it new about 3 months ago. Been running fine with no problems. I go to cut a job today and "HP-GL ERROR 1 " shows up on the display. Nothing has been changed to trigger this error. Can anyone help?
Call them! SSK has never backed away from their products. The plotter you have is really a Graphtec. SSK has one of the best and friendliest tech support there is.

Chef Groovy

HPGL Error 1 on the Graphtec's (Which is what the DT60 is) almost always means you tried to send a print job instead of a cut job.

If its connected over USB, Windows may have got confused when you were printing something. I would suggest uninstalling the DT 60 windows drivers.