• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Esko Kongsberg V

Schmidt

Hello,

Has anybody have any info regarding Esko Kongsberg model V? We are thinking of buying one and would like to get information from users of this machine.

Best regards,

VISCOM

we are also looking at this unit... going out to ESKO in Ohio in November... will let you know

C

ColoPrinthead

We have a XN I can speak about if you have any questions.

Schmidt

I am sure that quality of machine is great but what do you think about machines speed?

Max speed of machine is 30 m/min (which is 500m/s) which is almost half of XN or Summa and 1/3 of Zund speed which is 1414 mm/s.

Do you think this is fast enough for normal production work or not? I am really worried about this issue.

If I am not wrong this is on of the slowest machines on the market.

Thank you for your answers.

Best regards,

Schmidt

Well if what you said is correct 30 m/3 is alot faster then 1414 mm/s So the ESKO would be faster then the other machines.

Sorry, I made a little mistake when writing.

Max speed of machine is 30 m/min (which is 500mm/s) which is almost half of XN or Summa and 1/3 of Zund speed which is 1414 mm/s.

ChrisN

When cutting complicated designs, acceleration is just as important, if not more important, than top speed. I looked at the acceleration of a few cutters:

Kongsberg XP24: 15m/s² - 1.5G
Summa F: 9.8m/s² - 1G
Zund G3: 9.1m/s² - 0.92G
Kongsberg XL24 / XN24: 5.6m/s² - 0.56G
Kongsberg V: 2.9m/s² - 0.3G

So the acceleration along with the top speed makes the V a slow machine, basically half as fast as the i-XL24 that I run. Nearly all of the time our cutter easily keeps up with our printer; but if you have a faster printer and a slower cutter, you may find yourself being able to print faster than you can cut, even for simple shapes.