• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Esko Kongsberg XN44 Barcode Issue (w/ Thrive and Oce Arizona)

rapiditypaul

Hi All

New to the forum. Done some searches and can't see if this has been discussed before so here goes:

We have an Oce Arizona 480XT with Esko Kongsberg XN44 powered by Onyx Thrive 1112 software. All is generally working great and very happy (all machines installed around 5 months ago) although we're disappointed by the barcode (lack of)functionality.

Thrive is set to produce trim marks and barcodes by Thrive which drops the cut file into a shared folder with the cutting bed. But when a sheet is printed and the option on the Esko bed is selected to read file from barcode it simply doesn't work.

We called our contact at Esko saying they hope this functionality will come out later in the year which is disappointing.

My question is whether anyone has worked around this to be able to use the barcode as it's a feature I was looking forward to incorporating into the workflow and is seemingly useless?

Thanks

Paul

www.rapidity.com