• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Esko V Series/ Faster better?

chafro

Hello, have anyone tried these cnc/cutters. They are a new entry level table cutter from konsgberg. They seem to do the same as the XN, or XP models but a slower.

This one goes for 100K about half the price the faster tables.

I like the price but I’m afraid later I would regret not getting a faster one. It seems fast enough to cut the output of a few flatbed printers but I have no experience in this area.

What do you guys think?

Jimsee

Sales rap came in today. I have to say their services is pretty good so far, fast and responsive.

In terms of the machine, the sales rap said it is the first entry level machine they have, and to make it cheaper, they slow down the machine...and the router is only 1kW compare to the faster one that is 3kW. But my question is, does this only go slower or it actually will not be able to cut thicker material. Say the 3kW can cut a 1" acrylic at ease but don't even think of cutting a 1" acrylic with a 1kW router?

I guess the most expensive part overall is not the machine cost, but the service support. The service support package will be around 10-15% of the machine cost per year. First year free...

chafro

We went with the XN, it's faster, comes with the 3kw router and also because we wanted conveyor for roll cutting. For us the price jump between the V24 and the XN24 wasn't as big as all the advantages it has.

Why didn't we go with the faster one (XP)? Because we also realized that a big % of the materials you cut you will need to slow the machine down anyway to cut properly. So we decided to save a few bucks.

Going to be some long weeks!