• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimate 2.0- Invoicing

Gene@mpls

I have Estimate 1 and am about to upgrade to 2.0. I believe that it will handle
the estimating end better than what I am using. My concern is with the
invoicing function- does it do what you need it to and is it easy to use? I
read a couple of questions in their support forum that got me thinking.

#1 -- concerned the import into Qbooks taking a long time ( they thought
it was because QB had a lot of customers in it (*lordy do I have a lot of customers in QB!*)

#2-- was the taking deposits feature not being imported into Qbooks-
deposits have always been a problem for us to keep track of.

I appreciate any thoughts any of you have on Estimate 2.0 and how it is
working for you. Thanks Gene

Mark Smith

Hi Gene!

I'll leave it to the others as to "how it is working for them," but I'll happily give a couple of technical answers.

#1 - The customer in question has 25,000 customers in QuickBooks. If you have more than, say, 5000 - perhaps there will be an issue. Up to that level you should be fine, and FWIW, that's the only customer that I am aware of who has mentioned the issue. Phillip our Tech guru would know for sure.

#2 - Now that taking deposits is integrated directly into EstiMate, they are transferred directly to QuickBooks as a line item on your estimate/sales receipt/invoice once you specify your deposit account.

Hope this helps!

Mark Smith

Hi Gene!

I'll leave it to the others as to "how it is working for them," but I'll happily give a couple of technical answers.

#1 - The customer in question has 25,000 customers in QuickBooks. If you have more than, say, 5000 - perhaps there will be an issue. Up to that level you should be fine, and FWIW, that's the only customer that I am aware of who has mentioned the issue. Phillip our Tech guru would know for sure.

#2 - Now that taking deposits is integrated directly into EstiMate, they are transferred directly to QuickBooks as a line item on your estimate/sales receipt/invoice once you specify your deposit account.

Hope this helps!