Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EstiMate Crash

Discussion in 'General Software' started by cptcorn, Jan 10, 2008.

1. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    I have 5 computers running EstiMate.

One of my users decided to change the logo on the forms. After this nobody can print anything from any machine in EstiMate. Program Crashes

Going to Configure Estimate... it says, "Error: It appears that the user data is currently being edited by another user?"
    Any other program ie Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, etc can print fine.
    Backing up data and then clicking restore backup, crashes...

This all happens the same, regardless of which computer I'm on.

EstiMate reps need cash for escalated support (understandable) however, I don't have the authority to make that call yet. I've tried deleting and replacing various files in the data folder on the network... no luck.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Tags:
  2. SignTech

SignTech Guest

"EstiMate reps need cash for escalated support"

There's a surprise! Junk software.

3. Mjozzie

Mjozzie Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Have you tried to "the repair/maintain data function"? It is under the Management icon

4. Blazingsun

Blazingsun Active Member

Feb 27, 2005
    Have you tried shutting down all the PC's to make sure all network connections are cleared? some times a network server may not release a file like it should. I would even restart the PC 0r server you have the database running on.

than run a database repair which is under the Management option.

5. cptcorn

cptcorn adad

Jul 16, 2007
    Two Harbors
    Yes
    Yes

I just ended up deleting all the files and replacing all the files with a backup (copied files) from the previous night.

6. Ron Helliar

Ron Helliar Member

Nov 21, 2003
    Try article 321 in the knowledge base on their site (free). If a no go, I have nothing but good things to say about them getting you up and running from their tech line.
    Price aside, that's a different issue for a different problem.