Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Estimate, original version

Discussion in 'General Software' started by signgirl, Jan 29, 2013.

1. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    I used the original estimate software back in the day, got away from it and now though I'd use it again. I loaded software on the computer that I had previously used before and it will load but my plugins ( which cost separately ) wont work. Contacted Estimate and yes they no longer support this version which I understand.
    Was wondering if anyone has ran into this or anyone still using this

Tags:
  2. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    still using the first version as of today.

We had a HDD crash a few months back and had to reload the original Estimate. Once the software was loaded I just sent a email and was back in business in a few minutes. I only had the two plug-ins that came with the software originally. Below is the thread:

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100218

3. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Yes, I had read your post before I posted...thanks......I believe what my problem is, is that the computer cannot configure the plug in data and now that you mentioned it I didn't pay extra for these plugins. As I recall now you could choose your two plugins at time of purchase.

4. signgirl

signgirl Member

Sep 13, 2005
    Illinois
    Yes, I had read your post before I posted...thanks......I believe what my problem is, is that the computer cannot configure the plug in data and now that you mentioned it I didn't pay extra for these plugins. As I recall now you could choose your two plugins at time of purchase.

5. thewvsignguy

thewvsignguy Active Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Grantsville, MD
    I think that is the drawback to using the older version, and incentive to upgrade. It works for what we need for now.