• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimates & Invoices

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
Be careful with hourly rates vs. "per job". My son learned this over the weekend. He has a landscape business and gave a estimate for moving stone and putting fabric under it, then moving the stone back. Once done, it was close to the hours he calculated and priced the fabric per square foot. Job ended up right where he expected. Well, the customer timed the worker. She timed how many minutes he was on his phone. And she counted how many rolls he used. They came back with all the data and demanded a line-by-line invoice minus the time the worker was on his phone. And wanted a "refund" for the "extra roll" on the ground that wasn't used (which was just an extra). This is why pricing "per job" is better than hourly or by materials and I try to do it as often as I can.
Some people are real assholes. If it wasn't this she would have found some other reason to short change him. Your son will learn how to spot these types and avoid them, I am pretty sure we have all been there at the beginning of our business ventures.

Stacey K

I like making signs
Some people are real assholes. If it wasn't this she would have found some other reason to short change him. Your son will learn how to spot these types and avoid them, I am pretty sure we have all been there at the beginning of our business ventures.
100%! I told that exact same thing. He's been learning a few lessons this summer LOL