• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimating Software Question...............................

Gino

Premium Subscriber
For years, I've seen threads about what estimate software to use and what makes this one good or better than another and I guess I'm old fashioned, but I don't get it.

Are these people asking or looking for a program that figures out everything for you by plugging in..... you want a 48" x 120" double sided electric sign with a single pole mount and the software figures it all out ??

If you want a 39" x 67" 1-sided 6mm ACM board with die-cut vinyl only..... how much ??

I'm not being funny, but it seems like you'd hafta have just about every possible scenario for each and every type sign in the world or at least be prepared for it or the software ain't gonna do diddly.

Again, I might be old fashioned, but do you mean this software will tell you if you need hex heads or flat washered self tappers.... and how many ??

Does it figure out digging conditions ?? Does it know how long things take, depending on who is working on the job ?? Can you honestly rely on software that is only as good as the person putting all the information into it ?? What if there are certain out-of-the-norm requirements ??

There are other questions, but this might get the ball rolling, cause if there is software out there, that can do these wonders.... I wanna know about it.

:thankyou:

Andy D

They're more for the front counter person pricing banners, coro, sintra, etc...
I would never use one to price a mega print order or a backlit sign cabinet.

They, however, do a great job of keeping up with estimates, follow up letters, etc.