• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimating Software

KenG

Hi there,

We have just gotten our new XR-640 printer. We used to have Heidelberg presses mainly which is why we had PrintSmith from EFI, but now we need something for estimating jobs efficiently, and hopefully able to integrate into Quickbooks.

does anyone have any recommendations on estimating software for wide format ? We are a small company (13 employees) and would prefer an outright buy solution rather than one of these monthly fee solutions.

thanks in advance.

Kevin-shopVOX

Though you said you'd prefer to have a standalone application you should check.out signVOX. It's good Especially with the number of employees you have.

KenG

Though you said you'd prefer to have a standalone application you should check.out signVOX. It's good Especially with the number of employees you have.

Thanks. I am looking at Signvox but the problem is as we have Basecamp already it adds yet another monthly cloud solution and the cost to benefit ROI is the biggest concern.

We would be replicating some of the functionality too with the contact management.

It looks like something we would graduate too however i will check it out.

Can we get a free trial month ? We are in the Caribbean.

KenG

Btw...can we import contact management data from Basecamp ? That would help alot.

I think we might come on board with this. A pity the vehicle wraps arent included though in the initial package.

Kevin-shopVOX

Hi KenG,

No there isn't a free trial. There isn't a contract however you pay every 30 days. Should you want to cancel just do so. We can get you data in from Basecamp (names, addresses #s etc.) We may have to do a little work to do so. We can also easily bring in your Quickbooks data as well as another option. Yes sorry, the vehicle plugin is one of the 4 add-ons available and not part of the base package. If you'd like to see the software in further detail before you buy feel free to give me a call/email so we can setup a webinar to show you how the package works.

KenG

Thanks for the answers.

We will take it up for a month. We can export CSV's and clean them up for export into SignVox, if as I am assuming you will take CSV or comma delimited files.

My issue with your vehicle wrap solution is quite simply, the vehicle profiles in the Caribbean will be somewhat different so it might not be as universally useful.

However I will submit a list to you of typical vehicles so you can give me a headsup. Can that work ?

Kevin-shopVOX

Yes we can bring in a CSV file of your contacts but it requires your CSV to match a specific formatting which we can provide. The vehicle add-on comes 2 ways. 1 with a subscription to Mr.Clipart which has a wide variety of worldwide body and manufacture types. Or you can get it with just the measuring/pricing tool where you can build your library from your own templates or photos.