• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Etch Glass Effect Vinyl

Floridaman

Greetings,
I have a question for you all and I really hope to learn more about this.
Last week I was assigned a simple job, to install frosted vinyl in a small conference room. The vinyl was supplied and ready cutt to size. I cleaned the windows with glass cleaner, and I prepared a solution (water and dish soap) for wet install.
I don't know which brand this vinyl is, I'll share the info as soon as I get it.
In the core all it says was Etched Air, which yes it was bubble free... And here it comes the problem... It looks wet after a week, why is this happening ?
View attachment IMG_20210715_171530.jpg

Yes, dry install. We used an Arlon product (Ever Etched) last time that was air egress but you had to wet the outside or the soft side of the squee gee would scratch the surface. Lucky for me the client took a discount instead of making us redo it because we didn't wet the outside. Always follow the directions when provided!

Directions didn't call for tape, directions said use a wet mount on front but I thought it sounded silly and learned my lesson. If it is a solid piece I don't use application tape on most etched material. This was brand specific.