• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Etch Vinyl

wes70

Getting ready to do a dozen office windows and doors with frosted vinyl. Have always done it the traditional way..wet. Thinking of trying the Hexis HX5DEPM, Etch Glass with Hex'Press which you apply dry. Has anyone have experience with this material? Can it be hinged and applied by itself or does it require masking?

Pewter0000

Graphic Design | Production
I've only ever used dry-apply etch (we use Metascape). Haven't used that one, but I like the dry apply a lot, it's egress. Sometimes if it's a large window we mask it if we're worried.

CanuckSigns

Never used the hexis stuff, but the MacTac one with air egress leaves the air channels visible through the glass for quite a while after installation.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Have done it both ways and quite honestly, it seems to be a 'as needed kinda deal'.

wes70

Well tried the Hexis. Putting it on dry as it’s suggested was a disaster! Tried it wet and it went perfect.