• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Etched Glass Vinyl Removal From Tinted Door

PPrint

Hello,

New to the business and forum, so if I'm in the wrong place let me know.

I have a customer that has their name/logo in etched glass vinyl on their glass front door. They want me to replace the graphic with their new logo.

The vinyl is mounted on the inside of the door, but the door is tinted. I'm assuming the tint is also applied to the inside of the door, but I couldn't really tell for sure. Is there a way to safely remove the old vinyl without damaging the tint?

Thanks

klingsdesigns

Is there actually tint film on the glass or is it made in the glass. If so just use a 4 inch razor blade. Spray some liquid on the window and scrape off the etched vinyl. If it is actually tinted film on the glass good luck.

shoresigns

Hopefully I'm stating the obvious, but once you start peeling the vinyl off, pull it slowly and as close to a 0 degree angle with the glass as you can, to avoid lifting the tint and causing a bubble.

2B

like stated, biggest point is knowing if the glass has tint added or if the tint is in the glass.

if the glass has the tint in it, scrap away and all is good.
if the tint is applied to the glass, go slow pull at a 180* angle and try a small amount of heat on the vinyl ONLY if it does not pull

PPrint

Thanks guys! That video does look like it will be very helpful. I appreciate all of your thoughts