• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Etched Glass

Hello All -

Can anyone recommend a firm which can etch glass? Looking for help providing a 48" diameter glass piece with a logo etched onto the reverse.

Thanks!

mortil

Done this to a couple of glass pieces. i cutted the logo twice on vinyl . weeded away everything that should etched. then mounted the both vinyls on top of eachother to gain some thickness of resistance. then sandblasterd it with very very fine sand.

you can always use some kind of acid. dont remember what it was. but thats the way the glass factory does it.

Travis Stanley

Done this to a couple of glass pieces. i cutted the logo twice on vinyl . weeded away everything that should etched. then mounted the both vinyls on top of eachother to gain some thickness of resistance. then sandblasterd it with very very fine sand.

you can always use some kind of acid. dont remember what it was. but thats the way the glass factory does it.

Hydofloric acid (muratic) wear a resporator and gloves. the stuff is TOXIC!!!

Firms that can etch glass signs

Hello All -

Can anyone recommend a firm which can etch glass? Looking for help providing a 48" diameter glass piece with a logo etched onto the reverse. this is for a corporate lobby.

Thanks!

WrapperX

They want true etched glass or do you think that etched vinyl will pass? Looks pretty close to the real thing if its installed properly.

MikePro

etched plexi an option by chance? could give you more options for suppliers, especially local and less expensive.

mortil

If there is some large quantites i would suggest looking for a company that makes/cuts and does special glass..

search the saint gobain homepage for a company near you. or even pilkington homepage. we uses their resellers all the time for this kind of special glass constrution.

actually i did an order for a few 100ed windows last week from a saint gobain reseller with special etched marks.

also done small orders by 1 or 2 pieces.

trakers

Some of the most frequent compliments I get is the reverse-cut etched glass vinyl panel I have for indent on my office window. It does look pretty sweet (and real).

MikeSTK

Dawns Vinyl Designs
Have you tried a local auto glass shop? I know our local guy only advertises car windshields but does anything glass. Custom shower doors, storefronts etc. Or at least being in the glass industry they could probably tell you who can handle it. GL