• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Etched vinyl but how

JoeBoomer

How is this done. It isn't just etched vinyl. If you look at the leaves you can see that there is different depths to the center of them, and they look layered or something.

Any idea on materials or method?

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 168

Andy D

Look like print and cut frosted vinyl to me. The effect is made with black ink.

Yes, but it looks like it was done second surface... I guess they printed to the vinyl and it's showing though the etching, correct?

player

Alternatively you could use a dark frosted and a light frosted vinyl. Cut the dark areas out of both vinyls (the big main image out of light frosted) and replace the dark areas with the dark frosted vinyl.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Alternatively you could use a dark frosted and a light frosted vinyl. Cut the dark areas out of both vinyls (the big main image out of light frosted) and replace the dark areas with the dark frosted vinyl.

Nah, that's actual shading.... So printed. Not hard to do.

ams

Printing on etched glass vinyl works amazing. You can do a gradient and make it look realistic or dimensional.

letterman7

Yep, I've done full color prints as window diffusers between rooms, blockouts, you name it. Looks great when backlit.. etch is a pretty versatile material.