Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

etchmark question

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing, Pricing Etc.' started by signwizz, Apr 29, 2011.

1. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

i have 21 windows 30high x 36length so im ordering 30" and cutting peices off the roll then applying wet my cost is $20 a yard for etchmark so im figuring $50 a window, too high too low
    thanks shane

Tags:
  2. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

bump

3. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

BUMBITY BUMP:rock-n-roll:

4. Custom_Grafx

Custom_Grafx Very Active Member

Nov 23, 2008
    "too high too low...?"

best formula is

materials+
    what you wanna eat+
    where you wanna sleep+
    and who you wanna...

:rock-n-roll:

5. CentralSigns

CentralSigns Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Golden BC
    Buy a membership it has its benefits. Ie pricing answers

6. Salmoneye

Salmoneye Very Active Member

Oct 22, 2009
    150% markup, sounds like what most stores make reselling a product; a product that they don't have to go out to site, prep surfaces, install, eat their mistakes, use years of experience to apply, deal with the rest of the roll that they now own, eat any application errors, warranty, bill. Just thoughts.

7. Bcrawf

Bcrawf Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Elyria, Ohio
    Too low. you should double you material costs, add the trip time, extra prep time to clean the windows (they need to be spotless) and the time and knife blades to trim on the windows.

8. fmg

fmg Very Active Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I would go about $175 -$200 per window

9. signwizz

signwizz Active Member

really!!!!!! i can bang these out in 15min each installed and about 5min to pre cut the sizes so say $40 materials 40 to install each $80 each but $200 each wish i could get that
    thanx for the input
    shane

10. signcrafters london

signcrafters london Very Active Member

May 22, 2010
    London KY
    I usually charge at least 3x to 4x my materials on odd jobs like this. And if that still sounds too low, I add more. If you say it is $20 in vinyl for each window, that'd be at least $60-80 per window. More if you use transfer tape, application fluid, etc.

11. jmb474

jmb474 Member

I woul be sitting in the neighborhood of $75 - $95 per window sepending on complexity of install.