• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ethical? Not in my opinion.

showcase 66

I had a friend point out to me something from one of my competitors. He had stopped by today and wanted use a computer really quick and showed me their facebook page. The other sign company was bashing a local business that has been in this town for about 35 years about new signs that were put up about a week ago. I was asked to do the signs along with at least one other local place. I turned it down as they wanted led signs that I have not done before or the man power to do everything they wanted.

Anyway, they bashed the company for using an out of city sign shop, but is also a relative to the owners of said business. I just dont get why you would openly call out another business like that. Sure it didnt stay local, but they go to where the sign shop who did the signs city.

After looking down their facebook page, I see two pics of our work as the center pic and what they did on the bottom. Text with the pic says they do all kinds of things even a weathered look to your sign. That was a sign I did about 3 years ago that was given a rustic weathered look to it.

Then I saw that they posted about a company going through bankruptcy. Saying "Just got a call from (company name) to be notified that they are going bankrupt. Guess I am not going to get paid on that job now."

I understand the frustrations that are caused, but to go out and tell the facebook world that, is wrong in my opinion.

I just don't understand it. Would you call out another company like that?

ThinkRight

Wrong on so many levels .
But this is the country we live in now , people are rude , obnoxious , self centered ,greedy , clueless , juvenile , and stupid .
It has spilled over into business and corporate and political arena.
And I blame the way people are raised....
Everyone is a "Victim" Nobody is "Responsible for their actions"and they are all "Entitled" to what ever they want.
I am just waiting for the adults to take charge and start punishing the bad apples.
/ just my opinion

Farmboy

Everyone is a "Victim" Nobody is "Responsible for their actions"and they are all "Entitled" to what ever they want.
I am just waiting for the adults to take charge and start punishing the bad apples.
Agree, only problem is that these people are the very soon to be "adults" of this world. Hell, there's a good percentage of adults that already think this way.

rjssigns

Time to lawyer up and crush them for using your work. Wife was up until midnight watermarking and adding our logo to pic for our new website. Lord help anyone that tries to use them.
At this point I would rather have the reputation of being a pr**k with this kind of stuff. The internet is your friend in that respect. Word travels fast on the web. Make an example of one and the rest will bow.

SD&F

There are many times when I would have liked to let the world know the true spirit of some of the unethical businesses. I have had a couple of people personally attack me for doing the right thing and just moving forward and do what I feel is apporpriate. I beleive that some people feel that if they loose out it is someone elses fault, not their own. Karma will get em'

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
Wrong.

It's also dumb. There are pretty strict laws on collection efforts. Not to mention I wouldn't want to work with a business that publicly bashes it's customers.

g&eprinting

Hey showcase66 and rjssigns there is a program that will embed your photos and tell you exaclty where they are being used on the net, Sorry forgot the name of it.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Surprised no one mentioned this too...

but you can contact Facebook to report the pictures. They DO act on it pretty quickly. While that doesn't solve the overall problem, it will get your work off their page...

showcase 66

Wrong wrong wrong on so many levels....

Exactly what I was thinking.

Surprised no one mentioned this too...

but you can contact Facebook to report the pictures. They DO act on it pretty quickly. While that doesn't solve the overall problem, it will get your work off their page...

The pictures were theirs. They took them, they just said they can do the same work as what is in the picture. But it was in a folder called "Our Completed Projects".

My Brothers wife works for Facebook and I did said something to her. She marked the fan page with a problem. If anything happens it happens.

I did tell the owner of the business I did the sign for though. He may say something to them about it. Its a lawyers office. :toasting:

rjssigns

Hey showcase66 and rjssigns there is a program that will embed your photos and tell you exaclty where they are being used on the net, Sorry forgot the name of it.

I would be very interested if you could find the name of the software you're talking about. One of my instructors told me about a program that embeds your data in a single pixel. Supposed to be virtually impossible to find the way it is done. Can't find it in my notes though.