Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions Evaporative Humidifier

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by freshprints, Dec 24, 2020.

1. freshprints

freshprints New Member

Jun 23, 2020
    ohio
    Any recommendations on a good humidifier for a 400 sq ft room? I moved to a new area and the humidity here is consistently 20% in the cold months

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    That's only a 20'×20' room. Not too large. Try putting a few bowls of water around first to see if that might work. Then, ya just have to fill up 2 or 3 bowls each morning, instead of buying a machine.

3. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

I just got a little non-heat wicking humidifier at Lowes. It's made by Essick. I don't think they sell them any more but I can still get the wicks for it. It didn't cost very much and works well.

Looks like Essick got taken over by Aircare and they raised the price, but this is it: https://aircareproducts.com/humidifiers/mini-console-ma0800/

4. netsol

netsol Very Active Member

Apr 26, 2016
    englishtown, nj
    do yourself a favor,look on craigslist, or offerup

keep that humidity over 50% so you don't have static shocks. you could end up killing a system board in your pc, or, god forbid, in your printer plotter

i bought one for the office section on craigslist for $25. a space that size only needs to add 1 gallon a day

larger is always better