• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ever been needing sprocket vinyl and only had non sprocket vinyl?

xDaemoNx

i have tons of 60cm vinyl and not so much sprocketed for my gerber edge 2...
been using this for a while, several revisions done to make it easier...

couldn't save it in another file format and share it here

but what i do is the oval parts are cut twice to cut through
then scalpell to remove the stripes and then manually hole punched with a 4mm hole puncher
and i trim the sides to fit into the gerber..

i cut this usually 5-10 times in a row with no spacing inbetween cuts,

time consuming? yes but could be a lifesaver in desperate times.. i use it alot... wish i had a vinyl slitter and a electric hole puncher but as i don't....

use at own risk, i manually made this pattern measuring and testing etc

Attachments

• sprockets.pdf
    3.4 KB · Views: 179

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
We've been using unpunched vinyl for cutting by taping it to a carrier sheet since 1983. the carrier sheet can be something as basic a punched plotter paper (one use) to the clear punched liner that backs a few non adhesive Gerber products such as Rubylith, LexEdge, Edge Positive, (reuseable indefinitely) etc. To get good results, tape all four sides of the vinyl to the carrier sheet but leave the corners open so air can escape.

Not sure if results would also be good with Edge printing, but you might give it a try.