• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ever feel like giving up before you really got started?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hi Andy D, thanks for your advice. Sounds like a plan! :) And yes, Irish, more of a whiskey woman myself though! lol Actually Bourbons are my fav! Sounds like a class plan! Lol

Back in the days when I drank, Bushmill or Jameson was my baby. Don't miss those days at all. Ended them about 3 years ago. Don't miss it one bit. :(

rjssigns

To the OP. You will also get clients like this one.

Client: I just bought a sailboat and want the transom lettered.
Me: We can do that for you. Tell me the name and colors you like.

So I did a simple layout and gave him a price for print/lam/cut or two layers of cast vinyl both are around 500 bucks. Huge by large transom. Cap height at ~30"
The sailboat is the size of a small house and basic upkeep runs thousands per year.(see where this is goin')
Says he can't spend that much right now.:confused:

I'll probably get "skated" but it was a referral from a great client so I took a flyer.

SignEST

To the OP. You will also get clients like this one.

Client: I just bought a sailboat and want the transom lettered.
Me: We can do that for you. Tell me the name and colors you like.

So I did a simple layout and gave him a price for print/lam/cut or two layers of cast vinyl both are around 500 bucks. Huge by large transom. Cap height at ~30"
The sailboat is the size of a small house and basic upkeep runs thousands per year.(see where this is goin')
Says he can't spend that much right now.:confused:

I'll probably get "skated" but it was a referral from a great client so I took a flyer.

There's also the other famous category of customers. They order 1 small thing and expect bulk discount by just saying it will be an order of 1000+ if it works out.