• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ever feel so helpless?

shakey0818

I'm sorry to hear this my heart goes out to you and their family.I just cant understand why nobody was looking after this child.
This should have never happened.It's horrible that this child had to deal with this for the rest of her live cause adults weren't responsible enough to look after her.
I'd like to tell you not to blame yourself but i cant.I can just tell you not to beat yourself about it but learn from it .I am not a parent but i am always looking out for children's safety.

Marlene

as a grammy to a 2 year old, my heart did a flip flop when reading this. there was nothing you could do to stop this. time feels slower than it really is when something like this happens so it would leaves you feeling like you could have acted, but it was all happening much faster in real time so there was no way that you could have done anything. glad to hear that she has a few broken bones and raod rash as it could have been so much worse.

Agree don't beat yourself up..I mean if you had of tried to do something you may have made it worse, or you could be in the hospital too. She will be fine. Youngin's heal quick

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery for the little girl.

As for you..... that's why they're called accidents. You can't possibly prepare for every little pending problem that might or might not happen. You can only try to teach your children to be as careful as possible and pray others are driving, running, playing or whatever..... as defensibly as they can when around little ones.

showcase 66

She had surgery this morning to fix her collarbone. Doing really good with recovery too. Lung is up and not needing to be on any machines right now. Going to be a long couple of weeks of recovery but there is the recovery so that is a good thing.

The Doctors said she may be able to come home tomorrow if everything goes well today and tomorrow morning.

Last night I spent about an hour working with her father to remove the blood from the sidewalk. After the police left from the house, their oldest son parked their truck over it so you wouldnt have to see it. That was a little hard to do for him. If I would have known it was there, I would have cleaned it up myself while he was at the hospital.

Thanks for all the kind words, thoughts, prayers for her and Thanks for your support towards me.

Slamboni

I got a 2 yr old also. Everything they do feels like your equilibrium moves with them. not just your heart outside your body but your center of gravity as wel...prayers go out.

SD&F

I just read this and I just wanted to say to you personally that the fact that you have experienced these feelings just shows that you are a person of compassion. It is a good thing to be. Yes, it is difficult, but you are a good person and the way you are feeling expresses this. I am glad she recovering, thank goodness kids are so resilient.

Fatboy

I just read this and I just wanted to say to you personally that the fact that you have experienced these feelings just shows that you are a person of compassion. It is a good thing to be. Yes, it is difficult, but you are a good person and the way you are feeling expresses this. I am glad she recovering, thank goodness kids are so resilient.

+1:U Rock:

Marlene

+2:goodpost: