• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ever just up and left?

cmwpmm

When I was 18, I read Kerouac's "On the Road." Two weeks later I took off. I spent 10 years traveling and my only real regret is that I ever stopped. Go for it!

abmedia

Going through this exact thing right now. 28, no kids. Lived in Kentucky all of my life, and have already worked in printing/designing for over 10 years. Sold my graphics business a few years ago and have been designing on the side but I'm getting the itch bad right now. I'm DEAD SET on designing for NASCAR....a team, a graphics company, whoever. So, a move to Charlotte, NC is in order. Getting my finances in line so I can move within the next year to pursue this. I interviewed for a design job down there in December and according to the lady I interviewed with, it came down to me and one other guy - he got it because he was local and they needed someone to start right away.

I'm right there with you. You only live once, and as someone said earlier, you will kick yourself if you don't do it now. Nobody is going to live your life but you :rock-n-roll:

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
I have a buddies from college that have studios in Main and North Carolina. I have a standing offer in both their shops to go teach ceramics and sculpture for them and do firings and shop tech stuff for them, and the one in Main would give me one of his rentals to live in scott free (power, water, rent, etc) and still pay a decent wage.

Every once in a while like this week ... I think ... "one more thing ... one more, and it's fire sale time"

I've got kids, so that isn't an option ... but I can dream damn it!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Join the military and get paid to travel! Free medical and free dental too. Don't let it scare you. I did Air Cargo for a while but didn't like it so retrained into Aircraft Avionics, then they discontinued the aircraft I was assigned to and someone introduced me to graphic design. I had already had an artistic background so it was right up my alley. Didn't even now the job existed in the military. It was great. Their are thousands of jobs not just the risky ones. Some jobs even have a sign on bonus of thousands of dollars.

Whip you into shape mentally too.

Brink

Nothing wrong with needing a change. I "Up and left" a few times myself. A couple moves were sensible - others - not so much. I have mostly landed on my feet each time though.

One thing to keep in mind though: The grass my be greener on the other side of the fence, but you are going to have to mow that grass too.

Andy D

I have visit just about all 50 states, and no offence to anyone here, but California would be about the bottom of the list (Northern California was pretty nice though)

My list would be:
1. Alaska
2. Oregon
3. Idaho (It's gorgeous there, who knew)

Not that you asked :smile:

Edited to say: Eureka Springs Arkansas is Awesome too[FONT=Open Sans, sans-serif].[/FONT]