• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ever see a test print like this on a jv3

Z SIGNS

data swap.jpg test draw orignal.jpg Started out with head error 007. Then I noticed an ink spill over the cables.I replaced the head cables and did not get the error but got this when I did a test draw.The one pic is with the cables in the correct location.The other is with a data swap.Looks like the problem travels to whatever head is plugged into that port.Am I correct in assuming this is a data problem? Slider and or main board.Getting ready to send both boards to Macmedia. Is there something else I could do to diag the problem ?
Any help would be appreciated.

MikePro

nah, its your cyan printhead and not the board.
ink spill on cable, trickles down to the seat and bridges/gums-up the connectors.
get a new printhead, or you can attempt to clean yourself with some clean card-stock and cleaning solution. wet the card with cleaner, and insert to ribbon cable seat, remove cleanly (don't let the paper tear), toss, and repeat a bunch of times to remove the ink. with the machine powered-down and discharged, of course.

MikePro

do a data swap to confirm. plug the magenta head cables from the board to the cyan printhead, and cyan to the magenta. you'll still see a cyan streak and the magenta pattern will print clean and out of place.
...and if the streak is magenta with a clean cyan pattern printed, then the ink is actually in the cyan cable seat on the slider rather than the printhead.

Z SIGNS

Thanks Mike.I did a data swap with the magenta head and the problem travels with it.No ink on the slider either and new cables.Now I'm thinking it's a data problem and a cyan printhead problem because when I do the swap only half of the cyan head prints getting data from a head that prints ok.I'll try cleaning the cable seat using your tip.
Thanks

skarya001

Same Problem

I had a same problem on my JV3. To check futher, i measured the transistors on the main board and noticed a C4131 transistor was toasted. Can that be the cause for a similar problem on print?

nah, its your cyan printhead and not the board.
ink spill on cable, trickles down to the seat and bridges/gums-up the connectors.
get a new printhead, or you can attempt to clean yourself with some clean card-stock and cleaning solution. wet the card with cleaner, and insert to ribbon cable seat, remove cleanly (don't let the paper tear), toss, and repeat a bunch of times to remove the ink. with the machine powered-down and discharged, of course.