• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ever thrown anyone out of your shop?

SignosaurusRex

Jaws drop, eyes get reeaaallll big, mouths open yet nothing comes out, knees get weak, and feet start to work really, really well! AHHHHHHH! breathing room at last!

JT

This has got to be the funniest post I have ever read! I once had a customer ask what the indentations inside of my "e's and o's" were, and why had I made them inside these types of letters. It was the little spot where my weeding tweezers pulled out the unwanted vinyl. I didn't know where to start or what. Passed it off as folds that just happen, but do not affect the outcome. I wanted to laugh, but was stunned by something so trivial.

creative

we had a lady that used to order from us, one day she came to the shop and demanded to have my house number she wanted to talk to me ASAP, my daugther at the counter told her that business need it to be discussed at the shop, she got upset and start insulting my daugther, not knowing who she was......well I called her back and told her that we do not wanted her business anymore and thank her for been so nice to my daugther.....
It was Friday.....Monday morning she came again leave $800.00 cash without asking for a receipt nor invoice and told my daugther that SHE WANTS ME TO DO A SIGN FOR HER NEW REASTAURANT and left.

I'd make her wait for about two months and told her come back for her deposit, well SHE DID NOT.
We finally make her sign and told her that it was the very last thing we did for her, she hasn't come back.

go figure...

Urban Image

Jaws drop, eyes get reeaaallll big, mouths open yet nothing comes out, knees get weak, and feet start to work really, really well! AHHHHHHH! breathing room at last!

Shotgun shells are lovely, too. Cranky guests regain their manners when they find you have a ready lupara behind the counter.

In all seriousness, though, a shop owner really should keep some sort of defense item at arm's reach. The life you save could be your own. Especially with some of the nutcases some of you have dealt with.

Dave Drane

You guys sound like you are a bit soft on a$$holes to me. I have thrown plenty of people out of my shop and had the usual diatribe "I will tell everyone what you said and did to me" to which I reply "feel free and also tell them what a PITA you are while you are at it.
One stinking hot day I was printing multi color shirts and my wife was hanging them for me when a pest came in who had already wasted a heap of my time and said he had a new vehicle out the front that he wanted a price on right now. Well he picked the wrong time as one of the screens had just dried up and wghile I was cleaning it the next one dried and then the mess from under the swcreen buggered another shirt and I was cursing everything and I told him to "piss off outta the bloody shop right now!!" The look on his face was priceless and he said "Don't you want my work?" to which I replied "I would be happy if I never see ya ugly mug again" He just stood there for 5 minutes before leaving.
The other time I told a bloke to bugger off was when I was working out the back very quietly when an art supply customer came in wanting my wife to replace a tube of paint he had bought from her 6 months previously. I heard the whole conversation and it was to the effect that the paint had obviously been left on a window sill in the sun and had gone hard as the label was even faded. After several attempts at wanting her to exchange it "for the sake of the good name of the business" and then "don't worry about the boss, he doesn't need to know" LOL. I then went into the office and exploded. I said "bugger him Liddy, shoved his paint at him and told him to get out of the office and make some other poor sod's life a misery. He was really affronted and said what a foul mouth lout I was.. and I later found out that he was a Salvation army officer, not that it bothered me because a real christian wouldn't act the way he did. It would take forever for me to tell stories about the people I have thrown out.

wannabe

I helped airbrush flames on a car for a 16 yr old girl whose parents brought it to us. The flames were great, they were pleased, (even tho I didn't like the idea of the PINK flames...but oh well). A week or so later the Mom and daughter come back to the shop and Mom says THE DAUGHTER wants her name in silver across the windshield and leaves daughter there to wait. No biggy and we told her we could do that. Daughter wanted about a foot long delicate script font, kinda tiny. Done. Mom comes back screamin' and cussin' cuz that wasn't what SHE wanted! DUH! Woulda tried to please her til she started cussin' so we grabbed the razor scaper blade and it was gone in less than 60 secs with her demanding we redo it. Nope. Not gonna happen. She left daughter to pick it out and that was that but we had to threaten calling the cops before she'd leave.

cdiesel

We designed some truck lettering for a guy who started a new company along with 7 of his friends. They had 8 trucks total, and we lettered the first one, with the promise of 7 more to come. We discounted the job a little, but not much (the guy had been in before with a different truck).
One day, I was outside installing a different truck when I hear my brother yelling at the top of his lungs, and another guy yelling back. By the time I got inside the door, the customer was leaving and a roll of 2" tape hit the roll-up door..
Turns out he had another shop do our design on the other trucks. Now he wanted some trailer numbers done, but flipped out when my brother told him it was gonna be $500 plus the price of the numbers. He told him the $500 should cover the cost of designing the logo..

SignosaurusRex

weeeellll....there was a first time for everything....uhhhhh
You must have wanted $$$, rather than make a deposit. Been there, got the T-shirt & the video, BURNED them both and don't want anymore, however I've got reservations this fall for another night or so at "The Bank Bar"!!!!!!!!!

mladams7259

These are great!! I Love it!! Keep em coming!

BTW, I always have a weapon on me at all times. I keep it because as a police officer you never know when your gonna run up on one of those whacko nutjobs that youve arrested in the past who has an hankering for "revenge". There is also a new can of police issue pepper spray in plain view behind the cash register at all times. extra security for the significant other when Im not around.

Mason

I keep a 44" Samurai sword next to the desk in plain view, typically folks wont get too belligerent... he he he..

Jillbeans

I think I am going to start telling people to "bugger off" because it just sounds so sassy.

Sue, I bet your KISS guy smelled like dollar-store Cool Water and Brylcreem.
hahahaha

Love....Jill

Dane DeFord

Haven't thrown anyone out yet. But, I've had customers trying to beat me up on my pricing (after the job was done). I tell em, "Guess you should have shopped before you bought". Or, "Here's the phone book, call another sign shop". They just look at me with a glazed look on their face.

Regards, Dane

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When I was young [and could back up my words more easily], I would ask them if they wanted to walk out or 'LIMP' the rest of their life. Then I got out my 'Bill Collector'.... Lil' Louie

Attachments

• Louie.jpg
    Louie.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 240

Chad.

Clients - No
Solicitors - Yes...

In fact just yesterday I threw a guy out... I pointed to the door with the lettering that states "NO SOLICITATION" he replied with "oh I thought that said no smoking"... That was it I blew up told him I was tired of their lame excuses... I had one guy come in and said "I am not Italian, I don't speak Sicilian".

HA HA ... I just leased my office 4 months ago, and for 2 weeks, it was like the flood gates of hell opened up and all the solcitors and sales people for everything from the phone book, to merchant services showed up at my door, or rang my phone ... even with the signs posted in the business park, they still came ...

Finally one day while i was painting, i was tired, sweating, cranky, and waiting for my wife to get toilet paper so i could umn ... yea ... a guy walks in selling framed pictures out of his car ... asks if im interested, i told him i was not, but he insisted i come out and take a look at what he had ... everything was $20 ... so after telling him multiple times, i had art to fill my walls as i am a designer, i finally had enough, i lay my paint roller gently in the tray, and "agree to go look" i kindly open the door for him with him thinking i am to follow, and close and lock the door behind him ... what does he do ... walk over into my production bay, under the chain, and starts walking back in, at this point ... i am FUMING MAD ...

As he starts walking towards the office doors, i notice our softball bag sitting there with my nice louiseville slugger on top, i reach down and pick it up and kindly give him the option of walking out under his own power, or being dragged out with broken knees ... he finally got the point ...

I have to say this guy had some Cocoanuts, im 6'8 265pounds, and this man pushed me damn near to the limit ...