• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Every once in a while.....

Colin

You know how often it happens that a customer will come into your shop with a print-out of the "cool fonts" they've discovered for their particular sign project - and pretty much all of those fonts are the last things that you would choose? Well Friday I had one of those regarding a boat lettering job, but managed to successfully steer them towards something better. This is usually no easy task, as they get emotionally attached and married to their own ideas. But even though it took more time than I would have liked, because I wasn't swamped with work I decided to just ride it out and see if I could convince them of something better.

And it worked! The attachments below show what the customer initially wanted (the dreaded Rovie/Revue font), and what I suggested and got on their boat the same day.

Attachments

• Rovie.jpg
    Rovie.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Tangerine.JPG
    Tangerine.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 51