• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Everyone should open a business they know nothing about:)

SignManiac

I did the same thing and jumped in not knowing what I was doing. That was forty years ago. Still learning if that helps give you some idea on the learning curve.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
At one point or another you just need to jump in! Those that stick with it succeed. Welcome from Omaha!

thesignexpert

Thanks for all the "love". A lot of people don't agree with my opinion but I have always believed that you should enjoy what you do for a living since you spend most of your life working. And although I am still learning the trade and struggling with some things, I enjoy getting up and going to work. I look forward to it. How many people can say that?

You have it exactly right! The fact that you WANT to go to work will go a long way in getting through the daily frustrations and challenges. I believe the saying is "If you love what you do you'll never work a day in your life".

Welcome to a great forum. :Welcome:

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
Greetings!

Good to know that we are not the only ones out there to do that! We purchased a struggling shop almost 3 years ago and 6 months in our one knowledgable employee quit so we were on our own.
Good news is....it can be done! Tough work all that learning but rewarding to be making a living!
Congrats and good luck out there!

skyhigh

Hard work and a positive outlook will carry you thru.

Being this thread is 5 months old, and the only 3 posts dear ole Angie made on Signs101 are the 3 in this thread....... I would have to assume, neither her positive outlook or yours, was enough to "carry her thru".

other options would be......
- she ran away with her new weeder guy
- she fell asleep in the 6x10 ft print room, but forgot to turn on the vent system.
- she saw "Visual800's" picture, and though he looked mean

We may never know.......