• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EVIL .eps file

OlsonSigns601

So I'm trying to export my .eps to cut it in Flexi. (Don't care to much for Flexi to Design in)

I'm using CorelDraw x4

Anyway, I've got this graphic.
SS1.jpg
Its 27.645" long

I export it to an .eps with these settings
SS2.jpg
SS3.jpg

Then in flexi, it looks like this:
SS4.jpg

It breaks it up into 4 pieces and cannot be cut in its current state.

I've restarted Corel and I still have this problem.

Hope someone can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

visual800

One thing i think I see is that the artboard should be larger than the image. another is convert fonts to outlines ( I see it is converted to curves maybe thats the same thing)

what version of flexi are you running. my flexi 10 will open anything with no problmes maybe the eps should be saved back in earlier version

WildWestDesigns

One thing i think I see is that the artboard should be larger than the image. another is convert fonts to outlines ( I see it is converted to curves maybe thats the same thing)

Same thing. One is a term usually associated with Ai, the other is with Corel.

How come you don't cut straight from Corel? With the Roland that I have, I can either cut straight from Corel or straight from Ai.

lexsigns

I have signlab but if you want to try sending to me PM me and I will try to import in SL and send back if it works.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
something so simple as that you should take the four minutes it would take to learn flexi....

OlsonSigns601

Thanks, it was the text.

I sent the text over as an .eps and the capsule over separate and used flexi to combine them.

Doing it in Flexi works, but doesn't really explain why Corel Draw cannot create this as an .eps file.

If anyone cares to try and figure out why Corel Does this, I've attached the .eps file. This isn't the 1st time this has happened but I was hoping someone else on this forum had ran into it and hopefully knows a solution.

Attachments

• DoorCapsule.pdf
    457.1 KB · Views: 105

OlsonSigns601

what version of flexi are you running. my flexi 10 will open anything with no problmes maybe the eps should be saved back in earlier version

Yes it was converted to curves.
I took a square, rounded the corners to 100 then centered the text over it.
I used combine and I used front minus back to get the effect into one piece. Nothing worked.

The Font is "Ballon Extra" (not my choice)
We use Flexi 8.5 v2. Not sure that matters since I get the same effect in Corel when I import the .eps file.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The problem may be related to the combined shapes. I haven't been a CorelDRAW user for a long time because of problems I had with it segmenting combined shapes when exported as EPS. The only solution I ever found for it was to uncombine (break apart) the objects in Corel, export it, and then execute an Arrange > Path Direction > Automatic command in FlexiSign.

Try it and see if it works with your file.

Last edited:

Christian @ 2CT Media

Save as Postscript 2... I can't attach an eps here but I just tested it and it works in Flexi starter 8.5 and 10... I don't believe Flexi 8.5 is fully compatible with PS3.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I've run into this before but I can't make it happen here now using both x4 and flex8.
Can you post your X4 cdr file?
I use AI v3 export out of all the versions of Draw I have for cut files going to flexi.
It works every time unless "simulate complex filled curves" is checked on in the export dialog.

wayne k
guam usa

OlsonSigns601

Save as Postscript 2... I can't attach an eps here but I just tested it and it works in Flexi starter 8.5 and 10... I don't believe Flexi 8.5 is fully compatible with PS3.

Same effect. I tried 1 & 2.

I don't have to import it in flexi to have the issue. I export as an .eps in corel and import it back in and it broke up into 9 pieces all overlaying and my plotter loves to eat vinyl for dinner with it. Here they are all borken apart.

attachment.php

I run into this issue once in a while but haven't been able to figure out why it does it and what to do to fix it. I've even tried to export as a .pdf and it still does it.

Attachments

• SS6.jpg
    SS6.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 77

Christian @ 2CT Media

Try this pdf file... I don't know if this will work for you but its working for me with out the segments you are getting.

Attachments

• Sample.pdf
    514.5 KB · Views: 115

OlsonSigns601

Try this pdf file... I don't know if this will work for you but its working for me with out the segments you are getting.

Thanks, but I got it to work by using Flexi.

But I'm just trying to figure out why is corel draw doing this?

Royster, not sure if you were talking to me. My original file did have multiple layers, but I copied and pasted into a new document with only one layer and had the same effect.

The Capsule is one object with the lettering cut out. When I export as an .eps and then import it back in, its 9 different objects.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Did you try my pdf to see if it opens in corel correctly for you? Have you tried using another file format to transfer to Flexi?

For future trials... I typically create the base vector, Type my text, convert to curves, Select both layers and choose back minus front (This knocks the text out of the base), Then I select the remaining layer and use the weld option and export. This has successfully given me a single vector in Flexi and Other programs.

OlsonSigns601

Did you try my pdf to see if it opens in corel correctly for you? Have you tried using another file format to transfer to Flexi?

For future trials... I typically create the base vector, Type my text, convert to curves, Select both layers and choose back minus front (This knocks the text out of the base), Then I select the remaining layer and use the weld option and export. This has successfully given me a single vector in Flexi and Other programs.

Yes it opens up for me.

I tried .pdf and got the same result.

I tried Combining and Back minus front.

I am left with a single vector but the problem is corel. When I export it breaks it up into 9 objects and none of them are one complete object to break off from.

guato

Try to ungrup fonts, combine them and pick both graphics ( sign and background ), make shore background is behind and press "back minus front"! _ Arrange-->Shaping-->Back minus Front.