• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

EVIL .eps file

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It's the font.
I'm thinking there is a node limit in Corel's EPS export filter for single paths(objects) that will split up objects that have too many nodes.
The text, when converted to paths and combined into a single path has 7,700 nodes.
If I select all the nodes and use the "reduce nodes" tool the shapes don't change & the count for the path drops down to 1,814.
The file imports into Flexi 8 without the error.
If you break all the paths apart and export them out to Flexi they will import and re-combine correctly.
You could leave the text as a text object and it should import correctly if it is on the same system or the receiving system has the same font set.

Looks like lots of ways to crack this nut.
Figure out which one is easiest for you.

wayne k
guam usa

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's the font.
I'm thinking there is a node limit in Corel's EPS export filter for single paths(objects) that will split up objects that have too many nodes.
The text, when converted to paths and combined into a single path has 7,700 nodes.
If I select all the nodes and use the "reduce nodes" tool the shapes don't change & the count for the path drops down to 1,814.
The file imports into Flexi 8 without the error.
If you break all the paths apart and export them out to Flexi they will import and re-combine correctly.
You could leave the text as a text object and it should import correctly if it is on the same system or the receiving system has the same font set.

Looks like lots of ways to crack this nut.
Figure out which one is easiest for you.

wayne k
guam usa

You mean just like I posted in Post #10? :rolleyes: