• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Evolution of a Logo...

x2chris7x

So I created a logo for a local pool company over 3 years ago. I actually posted to this site asking for feedback concerning the logo... Customer requested a specific font, which in my opinion "ruined" the clean professional look of the logo. Earlier this week I received an email from the same customer asking for a 4x8 banner with his logo, and attached a "new" version. I know the logo I created 3 years ago isn't the best, but it's leaps and bounds above his "new" logo.

Have any of you run into these situations before? Do you still print what they're asking for?

Attachments

• BKP Logo.jpg
    BKP Logo.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 180

Dennis422

He has an "in" designer. Must have script font, and also needs to have a nice thing elegant font. :)
Some people are "un-teachable"

rjssigns

Print, collect check, smile on the way to the bank.

Bash if you want, but I like to make money. If the client is happy then I don't give it a second thought. I am moving into the print for pay model of business. Doesn't matter what it is as long as the money is there.

Only thing I do is preflight the files to make sure there are no surprises. It would be nice if everyone used InDesign and sent me packaged files, but that's another discussion.

2B

Print, collect check, smile on the way to the bank.

Bash if you want, but I like to make money. If the client is happy then I don't give it a second thought. I am moving into the print for pay model of business. Doesn't matter what it is as long as the money is there.

Only thing I do is preflight the files to make sure there are no surprises. It would be nice if everyone used InDesign and sent me packaged files, but that's another discussion.

exactly, you have already made suggestions on the design. He choose not to use it and now you being supplied a print ready file. this is great news for you , no back and forth on edits, colors, fonts, etc...
Pre-flight, make sure the size, color, format, etc... is correct then rip & print.

I am curious about the pool, you initial pool is a perfect to his provided art work? was this a clip art pool, did you supply him the pool design or did he copy your work?

Jillbeans

Wow. You made him a nice gourmet dinner.
He made you add Stove Top Stuffing to it.
Now he's serving up last week's leftovers.
Some people are c*nts.
Love....Jill

Marlene

customers think scripts and ovals make a logo look "fancy". that new font is horrible. love the really skinny font as it makes it totally unreadable. the person who did this should be sent to designer hell for making this mess