• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

examples of good storefront window graphic design?

a77

Anyone got any examples of modernish storefront window graphics that don't look like a total mess?

I see two types of design
1- old blocky super simple 2 colour lettering
2- overdone layers of vector art, a real mess

Would love to see what you designers consider good examples of window graphics done right.

SignManiac

I no longer mess with windows but I have done a few in the past. Here's are several where the owner just let me do my thing.

Attachments

• westshore01.jpg
    westshore01.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 90
  • westshore03.jpg
    westshore03.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 85
  • dentalas.jpg
    dentalas.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 96
  • computerlab-02.jpg
    computerlab-02.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 94
  • cheers.jpg
    cheers.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 95

Custom_Grafx

There are many good windows out there. The problem is that although simple is usually best, it's hard to convince a customer that principle. They always want big, bold, vibrant and as many colours as your printer can print. The most simple designs look the best IMO. When you mock up, do a clean and concise version, and a loud/busy one and see what they pick. I've found that most who go for the loud "look at me" type designs that are unappealing, usually fail within a couple of months or years. Most start ups who are successful don't even have signs... or a logo... lol ironic but true.

a77

Some nice designs there...

Keep them coming!

I agree simple is good, but not always the best. You have to have some style. There is a place for nicely placed vector art, gradients, etc...

shoresigns

If they have a good looking logo that can be reproduced in a single colour, frosted vinyl looks very classy.

Or for an extra classy look, put the logo in reverse on the back of the window in black, then blockout a large stripe of frosted vinyl across the window, over the logo. You'll probably need to apply the frosted wet so you can squeegee around the letters.

cover it all in perforated vinyl
did a mexican restaurant like this and it was pretty neat...Each big window had a authentic mexican scene like people dancing or cutting agave
best one was the giant corona and beach scene on the exit door
sorry no pics, previous employer

slipperyfrog

This. All window film tint, no vinyl. No cheap but stunning. :thumb:

Only 2 sections of 4 complete. These are the off/side windows. Using the one as an entrance until the landlord finishes the other suite.

For more check out my unfinished dealer site solarartgraphics.com & the main company solargraphics.com

Attachments

• IMAG0644.jpg
    IMAG0644.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0650.jpg
    IMAG0650.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG0648.jpg
    IMAG0648.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 72
  • IMAG0654.jpg
    IMAG0654.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0658.jpg
    IMAG0658.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 97

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
We all know what good window design looks like. We really should be posting what NOT to do with window graphics ... I pass four windows every day that have some of the ugliest and most poorly designed window graphics I have ever seen. I should stop and take photos just to laugh at them later.