Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Excavating company logo...

Discussion in 'Logo Design' started by jsmoritz2000, Nov 27, 2012.

1. jsmoritz2000

jsmoritz2000 Very Active Member

...without an excavator graphic.

Does it work? Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly, please. And some color suggestions would be great as I'm not entirely fond of these colors. Thanks.

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Not too bad. Something crooked looking going on with the font. Maybe a different one?

3. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    Looks good!

4. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    I like the direction you are going. The WCEI almost represents a Dozer blade. Maybe a few tweaks to that itself might finish it off nicely.

5. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    I'm gonna have to agree with Bob, I am not agreeing with that font. Other than that I think it looks really good!

6. jsmoritz2000

I'm pretty sure it might be because of the W. Is that what you are referring to?

Instead of using Impact font like I did here, I initially toyed with the idea of drawing the W with squared up sides and something about it just didn't jive right, you know. It looked like an upside down M. But I will try out a few more fonts and see if something else strikes my fancy. I know the few fonts that I have installed with square W's have too much of a retro feel. M first impulse was to try to stick with Impact font because it's the font that he used for his old logo. He wants it redesigned as the company's name is changing. He's a big guy that drives a Ford F-650 and somehow Impact seems to fit him and his companies image. It might not look as bad had I not added so much perspective, but I like the way it looks like a shiny bulldozer blade pushing dirt. :cool:

7. jsmoritz2000

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

8. jsmoritz2000

Could it also have something to do with Impact being an overused font? It's not exactly my go to font, either. Should I be looking more for slab serif block style here? I tried some collegiate stuff...some Rockwell...some Romeral...nothing seemed to jive.

Any suggestions for a more suitable font? Signasaurus? You know fonts like grandma knows apple pie.

9. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Try using the same font you used in the subcopy.
    Try the initials in yellow.
    Try the diamond in red or even maroon.
    (unless the blue goes with something he already has)
    Love....Jill

10. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    ^eliminating the slant might be a great idea.

11. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    I was soooo happy to not see a big piece of equipment as a "logo". congrats on not going that route! it looks good and will look much better with the suggestions given in this thread. nice work!