• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Excavating company logo...

...without an excavator graphic.

Does it work? Give me the good, the bad, and the ugly, please. And some color suggestions would be great as I'm not entirely fond of these colors. Thanks.

Attachments

• WCEI logo jpeg bw.jpg
    WCEI logo jpeg bw.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 91
  • WCEI logo jpeg.jpg
    WCEI logo jpeg.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 70

SignosaurusRex

I like the direction you are going. The WCEI almost represents a Dozer blade. Maybe a few tweaks to that itself might finish it off nicely.

qmr55

I'm gonna have to agree with Bob, I am not agreeing with that font. Other than that I think it looks really good!

Not too bad. Something crooked looking going on with the font. Maybe a different one?

I'm pretty sure it might be because of the W. Is that what you are referring to?

Instead of using Impact font like I did here, I initially toyed with the idea of drawing the W with squared up sides and something about it just didn't jive right, you know. It looked like an upside down M. But I will try out a few more fonts and see if something else strikes my fancy. I know the few fonts that I have installed with square W's have too much of a retro feel. M first impulse was to try to stick with Impact font because it's the font that he used for his old logo. He wants it redesigned as the company's name is changing. He's a big guy that drives a Ford F-650 and somehow Impact seems to fit him and his companies image. It might not look as bad had I not added so much perspective, but I like the way it looks like a shiny bulldozer blade pushing dirt. :cool:

I'm gonna have to agree with Bob, I am not agreeing with that font. Other than that I think it looks really good!

Could it also have something to do with Impact being an overused font? It's not exactly my go to font, either. Should I be looking more for slab serif block style here? I tried some collegiate stuff...some Rockwell...some Romeral...nothing seemed to jive.

Any suggestions for a more suitable font? Signasaurus? You know fonts like grandma knows apple pie.

Jillbeans

Try using the same font you used in the subcopy.
Try the initials in yellow.
Try the diamond in red or even maroon.
(unless the blue goes with something he already has)
Love....Jill

Marlene

I was soooo happy to not see a big piece of equipment as a "logo". congrats on not going that route! it looks good and will look much better with the suggestions given in this thread. nice work!