• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News Excavator templates

petit

HI, new here,

I wondered if anyone have heard where to find excavator templates like bobcats jcb case models.
Spent a lot on the inernet and found nothing....

Tks

JimmyG

I have most always made templates job by job on this type equipment....take pictures straight on to the sides and include a ruler to scale by....camera easels help to prevent skewing the object out of scale.

petit

By camera easels you mean tripod...Yes?
Sure that's an idea but it'll take years to list models and the final work will be approximate.
tks

S'N'S

I have done excavators, bobcats, bull dozers, graders etc and usually go on site and take pictures, measure everything and find out exactly what model the unit is.
I had a grader and bulldozer (2 different owners) that both had later model graphics and as they were getting painted the owners wanted the original back on. A bit of research on the net found them. They usually are very basic and straight forward, because they are work horses the manufacturers keep the graphics to a minimum and basic.

petit

I have done excavators, bobcats, bull dozers, graders etc and usually go on site and take pictures, measure everything and find out exactly what model the unit is.
I had a grader and bulldozer (2 different owners) that both had later model graphics and as they were getting painted the owners wanted the original back on. A bit of research on the net found them. They usually are very basic and straight forward, because they are work horses the manufacturers keep the graphics to a minimum and basic.

Yes blueprints site with scales and personal research could make the deal...
Tks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
By camera easels you mean tripod...Yes?
Sure that's an idea but it'll take years to list models and the final work will be approximate.
tks

A photo with a horizontal and vertical scale is necessarily more accurate that a line drawing. The latter is merely a map while the former is the territory.

I've been snapping pictures of things using a framing square taped to the subject for years. Any images and lettering I've made and applied based on these photos have never been off more than a small fraction of an inch, if at all. Certainly never enough to matter to anyone but the terminally pedantic. Can the same be said for a line drawing that's at least once removed from the subject?

petit

A photo with a horizontal and vertical scale is necessarily more accurate that a line drawing. The latter is merely a map while the former is the territory.

I've been snapping pictures of things using a framing square taped to the subject for years. Any images and lettering I've made and applied based on these photos have never been off more than a small fraction of an inch, if at all. Certainly never enough to matter to anyone but the terminally pedantic. Can the same be said for a line drawing that's at least once removed from the subject?

Actualy i first thought doing the job this way but the difficulty of finding and photographing each model dissuades me.
Tks

WB

Been there done that. best thing to do is to go get your own measurements and pictures.

Behrmon

Pr. Bear-Mon
Also companies like Cat will often have pdf files on their web site that contain usable vector schematics, I’ve scored more than a couple this way, you just have to dig a little, no pun intended.