Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expensive Box!

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Vital Designs, Sep 14, 2008.

1. Vital Designs

Vital Designs Vital Designs

May 29, 2005
    Dalls, Texas
    I ordered a new Jv33-160 and was told it would take a week to be delivered. They finally showed up at my dock and 2 guys unloaded it. The tech was going to arrive the following day to install it. He called that afternoon and said he would come over and just take it out of the box and put it together. When he arrived and opened the box it was empty. It had been shipped from their warehouse and then put on a truck locally and nobody realized it was 350lbs lighter than it should have been. There was even a sticker on the side saying "empty".

We just laughed about it as we were not dying to have it installed. Needless to say the shipped another one and it was installed successfully last Friday.

We look forward to running it side by side with our Roland 545 and compare notes. The Roland has been a great workhorse.

Tags:
  2. Lunatic Taskbar

Lunatic Taskbar Very Active Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nova Scotia
    Wow! would have had the warehouse people thinking they were really strong... Hey I can lift this box above my head!

3. totalimage

totalimage Active Member

Jan 7, 2007
    Florida
    Thats weird I received a Jv33-160 last week with no box and didnt know where it came from....Thanks...lol

4. Vital Designs

Vital Designs Vital Designs

May 29, 2005
    Dalls, Texas
    The sad thing is 2 guys lifted it off the truck onto the dock with no problem. When the "real one" showed up 3 of us could barely get it on the dock.

All said and done though I am impressed with the printer so far and hope to post some comparison info here shortly between the Mimaki and the Roland.

5. SignsRus

SignsRus Member

Nov 8, 2007

Yes please post about how that printer works for you.

6. Rooster

Rooster Very Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Edmonton
    Two guys picked up the JV33 I bought off the back of the truck, carried it across the backyard and right down the stairs like it was a sack of potatoes.

Me and the tech had a hell of a time just lifting it onto the stand.

7. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    He he, makes me think of this...yes, I watch, I mean the kids watch Spongebob.

Attached Files: