• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Expired JV3 Inks???

gabagoo

as I said in a previous post I purchased 8 cartridges in december as I was told of a 15% price increase. All of them were dated for April and I was concerned that I may not use them up in time. I was told this new marketing was being done by Mimaki by my dealer and would be the norm. I then purchased 2 inks 3 weeks ago and they were dated for august of 2010!!!! What gives I asked and now was told that the canadian distributor was pushing old stock and has finally lost his monopoly with Mimaki and dealers can buy direct from Mimaki usa now. I have 4 cartridges beeping the warning that time limit is up. When the day the machine doesnt print because of it, I will do the battery thingy. Thanks Colin for the advise.

Litho

Both black cartridges (JV33) are blinking empty

Our JV33 has been acting up lately with the black cartridges, my supplier has exchanged them but the machine basically is not using 100% of its ink. Now with brand new cartridge (not expired) still blinks empty. Do you think changing the battery could work? Any other suggestion!
Thank you in advance

premiercolour

Merchant Member
How about try our jv33 oem chip? This might work. $11/ea shipped to your door. call Francis - 949-209-7306

Fieldcenter Inc

ColesCreations

Hi.

Resetting the battery will probably not make an "empty" cartridge work, as that only resets the date, and allows you extend the use of the cartridges.
Something else must be wrong with your printer, since it detects full cartridges as empty.
Try another full cartridge, it could be a bad chip. (nothing to loose by trying another full one, you will need it later anyway)
If that does not work, maybe try one of the resettable chips, it will fix it temporarily, but the problem still needs to be corrected...

mimakitech24

colecreations is exactly right...just be careful, you dont want to use inks that are months upon months upon months old...

jackbro64

Jv#-160s

Hi,
I have been assigned to resurrect a JV3-160S. The inks were somewhat old, so I did the battery change. It worked for all 6 inks except for the dark magenta. I keep getting, "Wrong cartridge" "No Cartridge" Errors (plus Error 30). I have actually switched cartriges, switched out readers, checked all ther switches physically. I am thinking of downloading version 2.4 Firware. Will that "reset things?