Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expired Permanent Chips for CJV 150

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by maxflags, Aug 10, 2020.

Tags:
  1. maxflags

maxflags New Member

Jul 13, 2020
    NRW
    Hi.

I bought 4 permanent chips for my Mimaki CJV 150. The problem is that all chips show an expired error (2 months).

Is there a way to change the date of the chips?

They look like the standard red ARCs you can buy everywhere. The supplier can't help.

Thanks Chris

Tags:
  2. steve contos

steve contos New Member

May 22, 2020
    marshfield ma
    Following

3. Solventinkjet

Solventinkjet DIY Printer Fixing Guide

Aug 2, 2011
    Denver, CO
    I've never seen true unlimited chips on a Mimaki that didn't have some sort of chip writer built in. Usually you have to push a button or send a command from a piece of software to reset them. That's not to say they don't exist but I have yet to encounter them. I don't sell that kind of system but I have installed one from Triangle inks that had re-writable chips and a re-setter that would work semi-permanently. The re-setter would only have a set amount of recharges and would need to be refreshed by Triangle eventually. So it uses some sort of serial number system that the machine remembers is my guess.