• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Export Flexi to EnRoute and connected lines

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
I am having trouble with the exporting to EnRoute from Flexi. Flexi has all the lines connected and can undo the Wireframe to fit the coloring. But when I send it to EnRoute, it creates these cut pieces and scattered them in a small mm spot like this:
Screenshot 2023-11-20 134143.png

Is there a way to export the file with all the lines connected? If not, then does EnRoute have a tool used to connect lines like what Flexi has Close Path or Break Path feature?

JBurton

Signtologist
There is a 'cleanup' option in enroute that connects all these lines, I think it's under the 'draw' file menu.

astro8

You either have duplicate lines on top of each other or you need to increase the tolerance in the auto cleanup on import settings,

JBurton

Signtologist
If you increase the 'tolerance' section, it should attach the nodes. Basically, dxf files are just lines, not necessarily in sequence. This tool will connect any two points that are within the tolerance amount.

bowtievega

Premium Subscriber
Are you using the 'send to Enroute' button on the Flexi header or are you trying to export a flexi file as an Enroute file? Occasionally we have issues trying to import files into Enroute. Sometimes you have to fix that stuff in Flexi first then send it to Enroute. Also as astro8 posted check for duplicate shapes on top of each other. Our Enroute does some weird stuff like creating loops when you have multiple shapes.

trafficbarriersolutions

Are you using the 'send to Enroute' button on the Flexi header or are you trying to export a flexi file as an Enroute file? Occasionally we have issues trying to import files into Enroute. Sometimes you have to fix that stuff in Flexi first then send it to Enroute. Also as astro8 posted check for duplicate shapes on top of each other. Our Enroute does some weird stuff like creating loops when you have multiple shapes.
I am sending it by the EnRoute Icon on Flexi.

trafficbarriersolutions

You either have duplicate lines on top of each other or you need to increase the tolerance in the auto cleanup on import settings,
I have figured out how to connect them. Select the entire exported lines that were from Flexi. Go to Transform Tab, then go to Contour Operations, then click Merge Selection. Can also right click the selection and click Merge Selection.

Last edited:

astro8

It can be done automatically on import or paste or whatever you send from Flexi by going into:
Setup/Preferences/General + Merge Contours and + Auto cleanup tabs and ticking the boxes on Import and Paste