• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Export .jpg in CMYK??

ceaves

Trying to get artwork ready to send to a contract printer, I've sent them CMYK 300 dpi jpgs from Corel and everything was fine. Trying to export the same from Flexi 10 but there's only option for RGB.

Is there really no way to export a file from Flexi in CMYK?

Trying to get artwork ready to send to a contract printer, I've sent them CMYK 300 dpi jpgs from Corel and everything was fine. Trying to export the same from Flexi 10 but there's only option for RGB.

Is there really no way to export a file from Flexi in CMYK?

Here is the easiest way. When you export a .jpg or .tif it can’t have any vector artwork in it. If it’s alreay rasterized then it won’t ask you to compress or rasterize when you export. So…… Take your image go to bitmap>rasterize and rasterize to RGB at 600 or 300 DPI then…. Click your rasterized image and go to bitmap>color mode> CMYK and change it back to CMYK now when you go to export as a .jpg it won’t ask you to rasterize any of your vectors because there are none...... Thus leaving your final image in CMYK format.

Ponto

In flexi I often change my workspace to Corel because of my background and found that the CMYK color space is not available ,...however, when using the default workspace, CMYK appears as an option.....go figure......JP

ceaves

Big Easy: That works, thanks.

Does seem to alter the color some though. I picked 100C, 100Y and once rasterized to RGB, then back to CMYK the color came out quite a bit lighter on my printer (test print) than the 100C, 100Y shows on the color chart.