Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

export problem in Corel

Discussion in 'Corel' started by Flame, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this. When I export an image in CorelDraw X3, it leaves a very thin white border along the bottom and left hand side of the image. Any idea how to get rid of this? I can't seem to make it stop doing it...

Tags:
  2. Ken

Ken Major Contributor

Feb 7, 2005
    BC
    It Maybe you need to trim the file before export. Or try export selected only.
    Look at it in wireframe mode. There may be some arftifacts not shown otherwise.
    Ken

3. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    What are you exporting and to what format?
    vector eps - bitmapped tiff?

wayne k
    guam usa

4. Flame

Flame Major Contributor

Apr 26, 2006
    Vancouver
    Bringing in photographs, cutting the, and exporting them. I've just noticed though, that no matter what the file, no matter how simple or complex.... it leaves those lines. We're talking on hundreds of files here... not just one.

5. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    It looks like it is an AA bug with Draw's bitmap export.
    It sets a line of lighter color, one pixel wide, all the way across the bottom edge & left side.
    Turn off the anti-aliasing option at export time to get rid of it - aa is not needed when just cropping anyway.
    You could also do the cropping in PhotoPaint - it does not have the same bug.
    My old V9 of Draw does not do this - must be a new & improved "feature" for X3 (it looks like it is carried over into X4 as well).

wayne k
    guam usa

6. Rollie

Rollie Very Active Member

Dec 20, 2007
    Ontario Canada
    I've noticed this before and I put a white background with a border with no colors but slightly larger than the bitmap directly behind it. Then I export both items together.
    This may be a pain if you have lots to do though.