• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

export problem in Corel

Flame

Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this. When I export an image in CorelDraw X3, it leaves a very thin white border along the bottom and left hand side of the image. Any idea how to get rid of this? I can't seem to make it stop doing it...

Ken

It Maybe you need to trim the file before export. Or try export selected only.
Look at it in wireframe mode. There may be some arftifacts not shown otherwise.
Ken

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
What are you exporting and to what format?
vector eps - bitmapped tiff?

wayne k
guam usa

Flame

Bringing in photographs, cutting the, and exporting them. I've just noticed though, that no matter what the file, no matter how simple or complex.... it leaves those lines. We're talking on hundreds of files here... not just one.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
It looks like it is an AA bug with Draw's bitmap export.
It sets a line of lighter color, one pixel wide, all the way across the bottom edge & left side.
Turn off the anti-aliasing option at export time to get rid of it - aa is not needed when just cropping anyway.
You could also do the cropping in PhotoPaint - it does not have the same bug.
My old V9 of Draw does not do this - must be a new & improved "feature" for X3 (it looks like it is carried over into X4 as well).

wayne k
guam usa

R08

I've noticed this before and I put a white background with a border with no colors but slightly larger than the bitmap directly behind it. Then I export both items together.
This may be a pain if you have lots to do though.