• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting CMYK TIFs and JPEGs in FlexiSIGN

Bolt

I'm using FlexiSIGN-PRO 8.1, and I'm finding I can't export TIFs or JPEGs in CMYK. I can choose Black & White, Grayscale, Indexed color, and RGB color. It's causing some issues if we need to export a TIF or JPEF from FlexiSIGN and then print it with Onyx. Vector formats such as AI or EPS files seem to export fine, as well as PDFs.

Is there a solution to this, or is it a program/version limitation?

Flexi pro 8.1 here, too. Are you using the 'color mode' or the 'rasterize' function under the bitmap dropdown? If you are in color mode and see CMYK as an unavailable option (grayed-out) then Flexi is working with the file as CMYK already. If you are rasterizing, it will not give you the option to convert to CMYK. You can rasterize into RGB (make sure you have your resolution set) and then change the color mode to CMYK afterward. Then just export the file without worries.

Bolt

I checked and it is the 'Rasterize Options' screen that I was referring to, that isn't giving me a CMYK option. Disappointing I can't export this way with CMYK as an option, but I guess we'll work around it.

Thanks for your quick response!