• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting Files?

ndemond

I export corel files to a .tif w/ lzw compression to be uploaded to a company that prints our 10' x 24' billboards. Recently they export command has put them on my desktop (so I can find them easy) as a tif file but they are in the program Windows fax viewer. I open that and the files are distorted in color and very pixelated. Anyone know why they are behaving this way. I do not think I am doing anything different, but then again it have already been a long week. All day and half of it.

Thanks for you time.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I wouldn't trust Fax Viewer to provide a good representation of your export. Try viewing it in Corel PhotoPaint instead.

ndemond

Fred I guess my question was or is why is export associating my tif files with the fax viewer? The little icon is different now used to be the one that looked like an eps now it is a fax viewer icon. Does that explain it better?

rdm01

Right click on the icon and click on the open with... section, then select the program that you would like and hit the check box that says "always open this file type with this program" and it should be fixed!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
What rdm01 said.

It's not Corel's fault. The fax viewer should not be the associated program for the TIF format.