• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting Flexi as pdf?

dzgraphics

Just installed my Flexi 8.1 on a new computer. When I try to export my file as a pdf, it saves the white bounding box around it. Any suggestions on how to get rid of that? Thanks :)

CS-SignSupply

Is the bounding box the page border? Instead of using Flexi 8.1's PDF function, I would recommend downloading and using PrimoPDF or upgrade to Flexi 10.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Depending on what program is importing the PDF, a "page" or white bounding box might come along for the ride.

I've run into this when having to use PDF to send artwork from Illustrator or InDesign into Roland VersaWorks. Normally I just save .EPS files from Illustrator. But if the artwork has odd raster effects in it, some floated/transparent layers from Photoshop or other strange things I end up having to save PDF. VersaWorks will bring in the whole page rather than just the art (like it does with EPS). So I just shrink the page size down to fit the artwork closely.

Kev41

Hi
normally only read & take in the site but may be able to help here. When you export, have the graphics selected & tick the selection only box.
Hope this helps

Kev

RiXaX

I select what I want on the PDF and hit print and select Primo PDF as the printer.
If sending this to a customer, I need to determine whether or not to turn it into a bitmap first because the PDF will be in a vector format otherwise. I don't like to make it that easy for someone to pirate my efforts.