• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

exporting from corel to flexi

sunnydaze

Hi all,

I use flexisign 6 (I know its old but is all I could afford). I purchased coreldraw graphics suite 12 to broaden my skills. I am having trouble converting corel files to flexi. I cut from flexi. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this?

Thanks A Bunch
Sunnydaze

Flame

Covert everything to curves, and save an extra file as ai. 6. Then bring that file into Flexi. It won't keep the gradients, but everything else should be alright.

I'm still looking for an easier way myself though...

Replicator

personally I use Adobe acrobat 6,
but there are much higher versions now
and in fact many different programs that will do this,
maybe some others will comment on this for you !

GVP

I think you should be able to produce a PDF direct from CorelDraw - at least we can in Version 10. (File -> Publish to PDF)

Old subject covered many times.....This is how I do it.....open or create design in Corel.....select all and click "copy"......open blank document in Flexi and click "paste". Some people say this doesn't work, but I have both programs and have been doing it for years with Corel versions 8 thru X3 on Windows ME, 2000 and XP. All with the same version of Flexi, which for me is VE lxi Expert which came with my first cutter.

Tim D

Why don't you design in Flexi? Avoid the import/export all together. I used to work at a shop where we did all of our design work in CorelDraw then exported to Flexi, PITA. Now I work where we do all of our designing in Flexi and cut and/or print straight from it. Saves space on my hard drive too, no extra files.

nxtremesign

i am not completely sure, but i don't think Flexi 6 will import PDF files
and we i had 6 an .ai file worked just fine , if u save all copy as curves.
I am with Tim on the design everything in Flexi, but we do still have people bring me there stuff from Corel. they still need to save as a lower version, 8 or so.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think it depends on what you are cutting and pasting.
If you are moving text layouts and don't convert the text, it works pretty well.
If you are moving complex paths or text that has been converted to paths cut and paste converts the smooth curves into tiny line segments. This may or may not be a problem again depending on what you end up doing with the file in Flexi.
For cut files exporting out as a simple ai(version 3) has been bullet proof for me.

wayne k
guam usa

Old subject covered many times.....This is how I do it.....open or create design in Corel.....select all and click "copy"......open blank document in Flexi and click "paste". Some people say this doesn't work, but I have both programs and have been doing it for years with Corel versions 8 thru X3 on Windows ME, 2000 and XP. All with the same version of Flexi, which for me is VE lxi Expert which came with my first cutter.

Attachments

• cut-paste.jpg
    cut-paste.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 158

Signsforwhile

copy and paste definitely gives you more nodes. but for quick graphics its ok. its hardly noticeable. and as far as designing in corel and not in flexi - my biggest beef is the graphics quality in flexi. nothing looks like what its supposed to.....thats why i also stick to the design in corel and export as eps and open in flexi.

sunnydaze

Thanks to everyone,

Copy/Paste worked for me. Never thought that it would be that simple.

The version of Flexi that I have will not support as many formats that corel will. Thats why I used Corel to import instead of doing everything in Flexi.