• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting from Corel to pdf leaves a line on image

Stormyj

Just another guy
Need some help with this. When I export attached image from corel draw x7 to a pdf, it leaves a vertical white line on image. Its not there in corel and when I turn on wireframe, there is no line there. Does anyone know why that is there and how to get rid of it. At first I thought it was the image of the bubbles, but have moved them around and the line doesn't follow them soo...
Any help would be appreciated.
Jim View attachment PokroBeer REV 1.pdf

Stormyj

Just another guy
When I export it as a jpg it is not there. When I delete the glass on the left it goes away, when I copy the glass on the left and place it on a new canvas and export it, it goes away, but when I put it back onto the original image, it reappears. Not sure what is going on. I did not originally create this image. I am fixing it for a customer for some new art. It was a train wreck before. It is showing different layers, but with nothing on them. hmm

Stormyj

Just another guy
It looks like its being caused by the bubbles. There is a box around them and when you export it, it is separated and can be selected in adobe acrobat. Im not sure how to stop this. Anyone?

player

You could put a box over top of the white line and colour it the same as the beer behind the white line. This would get rid of the white line.

I noticed the text on the bottom is not arced around the circle properly. Black letters on red background don't work well either. Especially from a distance.

Stormyj

Just another guy
There are some strange things going on in this image. If I copy the glass on the left and paste it on the left of the image, the line follows the new image, but leaves the original image. I could set the off canvas glass with no color and no outline, fixes the problem, but then leaves a bunch of garbage that you dont see, unless you know what you are doing. If I ungroup the bubbles, the line goes away, but the colors change in the bubbles and I don't know how to get them back. As for the red and black, I know, but that's what they want. Polish place and they like the colors. Im just cleaning it up for them. and yes, I havnt gotten to the text yet. Working on one thing at a time. You should of seen it before. :)

PokroBeer1-FINAL.jpg

Stormyj

Just another guy
So heres my fix. haha. If I make a copy of the glass on the left, and place it on the workspace, the line goes away and shows up on the copy. So, I fill the copy with no color and no outlines, so now you cant see it, shrink it down to a very small image and hide it in the original image. Cheesy, but works.

player

Sorry I can't be more help to you. There are some Corel hotshots here so maybe a bump on Monday would get their attention.

Have you tried saving the elements in new Corel files then merging them?

Bretbyron

I've had this problem when exporting to a couple different formats. One fix was to convert drop shadows and transparencies to bitmaps w/ a transparent background before exporting.

Stormyj

Just another guy
I think that is what it is, the drop shadow of the glasses is a bitmap and is causing a problem with the other parts of the image. Not sure how to fix it though. Any suggestions?

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
The bubble area got converted to a bitmap, or already was a bitmap. If you power clip the image removing the white line and some of the pixelated areas towards the bottom it should solve your problem.

This happens when something is converted to a bitmap with anti-aliasing on. You get a white boarder.

Attached a quick pdf.

View attachment POKRO power clipped.pdf

Stormyj

Just another guy
The bubble area got converted to a bitmap, or already was a bitmap. If you power clip the image removing the white line and some of the pixelated areas towards the bottom it should solve your problem.

This happens when something is converted to a bitmap with anti-aliasing on. You get a white boarder.

Attached a quick pdf.

View attachment 107026

The bubbles were not a bitmap before exporting them to a pdf. They are grouped, however when I ungroup them, the line goes away, but they lose their transparency. Ive attached both images. So, somewhere while exporting to pdf, the bubbles are converted into a bitmap, thus causing the line. Why would that happen. View attachment 24.pdf View attachment 28.pdf
So pretty much it shows up when they are grouped.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
When you export to pdf from Corel click the SETTING's button instead of SAVE. Then click on the OBJECTS tab and look at the bottom left and make sure the Render complex fills as bitmaps isn't checked.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the transparency is causing the problem. You might have to find a work around like the power clip in the file I posted or try grouping each bubble with transparency separately and publish to pdf.

Publish your cdr file so others can investigate?