• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Exporting from PS to Flexi

K2

Need some help please. I am a beginner on PS and am using CS4. I dont know how to make a contour cut on PS, I dont even know if it can be done but if so anybody mind on telling me how. My second question would be if i designed something in PS with a few layers and wanted to bring it over to Flexi and be able to break apart the layers (ungroup) to just do it in Flexi since I am faster in it, can it be done without flexi thinking it is a bitmap.

Tony McD

I use one version of flexi only to cut vinyl.
I save from Corel Draw as an .ai 1.1 file.
This file import perfect for me, some of the other extensions
result in jagged edges or broken lines.

Might be worth a try.

If you're exporting gradients...this may not work for you.

LittleSnakey

1.) Design it in photoshop at 300dpi in a transparent background.
2.) Save as PSD
3.) Import into flexi
4.) Select image and apply a contour cut
5.) Separate contour cut from image
6.) Select contour cut then release contour cut
7.) Select both the image and compound right click and choose mask
8.) Apply contour cut to masked image

Steps 5 thru 8 are not necessary but I find that when the psd file is not masked some times it acts funny when sent through the rip to the printer.

Need some help please. I am a beginner on PS and am using CS4. I dont know how to make a contour cut on PS, I dont even know if it can be done but if so anybody mind on telling me how. My second question would be if i designed something in PS with a few layers and wanted to bring it over to Flexi and be able to break apart the layers (ungroup) to just do it in Flexi since I am faster in it, can it be done without flexi thinking it is a bitmap.

iSign

I would create cut line in Illustrator. If I already had them in photoshop, I would "make work path" and then "export paths to illustrator"

regarding the layers, how could flexi NOT think it's a bitmap? if it's coming from photoshop, it IS a bitmap (except for paths)

what is the scenario requiring layers? the cut line? if so, then I'd just eliminate that from your .psd file & save from illustrator instead.

LittleSnakey

Yes, flexi still sees it as a bitmap but its transparent so flexi can put the contour cut around it. You will never get the layers into flexi.

I would create cut line in Illustrator. If I already had them in photoshop, I would "make work path" and then "export paths to illustrator"

regarding the layers, how could flexi NOT think it's a bitmap? if it's coming from photoshop, it IS a bitmap (except for paths)

what is the scenario requiring layers? the cut line? if so, then I'd just eliminate that from your .psd file & save from illustrator instead.