• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

exporting in cmyk and rgb

signpainter51

When I export in cmyk to my roland I find that the colors are dull. I than change it to rgb and sometimes it works. But other times I have to export in PDF file. It acured to me that maybe I have to be in the rgb palette or the cmyk palettes for it to take the full color. Is that correct. I cannot just click on the rgb color when the paletts is cmyk. Will it make the change from one pallet to the other by just clicking?

LindyM

I think he was asking if you were exporting from photoshop since you didn't mention what software you were exporting from.

luggnut

Isign is asking are you using photoshop?
it is best to have you color settings and color spaces setup before you begin designing. i work most of the time lately in adobe 1998 rgb color space. i have my programs color space as that and my rip is set the the same... so with the right profile for the media it comes out right.

i have a calibrated monitor so that helps too... you see more of a true color representation. make sure your programs and your RIP have the same color settings ( adobe 1998 rgb, SWOP cmyk)