• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

exporting jpgs from composer?

sign chick

First of all, I'm only running Graphix Advantage 6.2; no Corel, no Adobe, just GA. Let's save the telling me how insane that is for another thread.

What I'm wondering is how to export a jpg OUT of composer. Have ya seen the thread I posted about wanting ideas for my shop windows? I took the pic and placed it in composer. Then found several jpg images and moved them into composer so I could plug them in and out and see what I like before printing anything. Now that I have it the way I want it, I'd like to post it here for critiquing (sp?), but I can't figure out how in the world to get it out of composer. Can't cut 'n' paste. Can't export - it wants to change the format to export it.

Any suggestions? BESIDES get corel or adobe? :rolleyes:

Actually, I do have Illustrator 10 at home and originally tried playing with the photos on there but I have no idea how to work Illustrator.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
It's been a while but my recollection of Graphix Advantage was that it wasn't much good at exporting any of the bitmap formats.

While I recommend both Illustrator and Photoshop to anyone with an Edge, I would, in your situation, recommend before that you consider the upgrade to Omega. Omega will take your combined file (images and Composer entries) and do a clean job of exporting a JPG and lots of other bitmaps.

In the interim, if you want to post a JPG of your proposed layout, send me the PLT file which I will open in Omega and export it as a JPG and then send it back to you for posting.

:signs101:

Bob Gilliland

It’s been a while since I have been inside GA, but if I remember correctly, jpg is not an export option correct (any raster based format actually)? So, how about another approach that will be free for the most part.

How about doing a screen capture using tools included within the Operating System? [PRINT SCREEN] captures the entire screen, everything you see will be captured to the clipboard. [ALT]+[PRINT SCREEN] captures the current window only, so if GA is active, only the contents within it will go to the clipboard.

Once it has been placed on the clipboard, you can “paste", [CTRL]+[V], it into a multitude of programs. Of course, that will be the next issue, “where to put it”. You may have the small utility called “Paint” that has been included with most Windows releases; however, I’m not sure that saves to any other format then .bmp.

There are plenty of “Freeware” or “Shareware” utilities available that would allow for other formats to be saved. One that I would highly recommend is IrfanView (http://www.irfanview.com). This utility packs a lot of punch and is very reasonably priced for commercial use. :thumb:

Elvis9

Bob you are correct as there was no .jpg export option in GA, it only started with Omega.
Any GA user with an EDGE sould take advantge of the option to upgrade to Omeag and especially 2.0 as the option to do gradiants from spot colors is worth the price of upgrade by itself!
I have a feeling that some of the people using GA and not upgrading might be due to the software not being a legal issue of the software as I have had many users contact me for help only to find out that they were using a hacked copy. ( shame shame shame on anyone using illegal software and making money with it! )

E9:signs101: