• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Exporting Multiple cut files in Onyx RIP from same file?

When printing a file with a cut path in Onyx RIP we specify Summa or I-cut for our cutting department. once we specify what one then it has to be cut on that machine.
My question is there a way to print the file and have Onyx setup and export BOTH cut files so that when the print gets over to our cutting department they could cut the job on Summa or our CNC what ever one is less backed up?

Christian @ 2CT Media

No it is not possible, without trickery. You will have to send the job the intended way then pull the job back in and change the cutter to the other one and resend the cut file only. Problem is Onyx will renest the second print possibly due to the mark settings.

Dan360

You can send the job to the Summa and then archive the file in Cut Server, then navigate to the XML file and open it in notepad, change the device from Summa to I-Cut and it will let you open that archived file into your I-Cut queue.

I've never tried to actually cut a file this way but I was messing around one day and was able to at least pull it in. (pain in the ass though)

DrunknMonk

sorry to hijack your post is there away to get the cut file in to illustrator or macsign once its been created in cut server, so its can be edit then use for cutting with win plot or macsign ?